All research and publications are written and done by residents with supervision of attendings.
Research Rotation is a 2-week rotation given to interested residents under the supervision of our Research Director, Dr. Vidya Menon to work on starting a project that they have in mind. The hospital has its own (Internal Review Board) IRB. The program has 5 assigned Research Assistants to assist in all our research related activities.
Every year, the entire hospital has a Research Competition participated by different departments showcasing all research products related to their own specific department.
The Department supports residents in presentation of their works into various societies and conferences.
The following are few of what the program has made last year:
- COVID-Related Publications
- 1) SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Among Health Care Workers in a New York City Hospital: A Cross-Sectional Analysis During the COVID-19 Pandemic Int J Infect Dis. 2021; 102:63-69. doi:10.1016/j.ijid.2020.10.036
2) Prone Positioning in Moderate to Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome due to COVID-19: A Cohort Study and Analysis of Physiology- J Intensive Care Med. 2021 Feb;36(2):241-252. doi: 10.1177/0885066620980399. PMID: 33380236; PMCID: PMC7780273.
3) Does HIV infection influence clinical course of Covid-19? Risk factors and outcomes in Covid-19 patients with and without HIV coinfection in New York City: an observational cohort study- Undergoing Peer Review in JID
4) Impact of Residential Neighborhood and Race/Ethnicity on Outcomes of Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19 in the Bronx- medRxiv preprint doi:https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.09.21249515;
5) Empiric use of anticoagulation in hospitalized patients with COVID-19: a propensity score-matched study of risks and benefits- Undergoing Peer Review in Experimental Hematology and Oncology
6) Comparison of clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV2 infection managed in traditional ICU and ‘Flex’ ICU during the surge of the pandemic- Undergoing Peer Review