The Program is very proud to announce this year’s ABIM board exam results!
Our program achieved 91% board pass rate compared to the national average of 88%. This increased our 3 -year rolling pass rates from 2018 to 2022. (see tables above).
Congratulations to our Board Certified Internist!!!
Last June 2022, Lincoln Medical Center has been granted the 2022 Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus and Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus awards for 14 years in a row
GTWG-Stroke is an in-hospital program for improving stroke care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines.
The Achievement Measures are:
- IV rt-PA arrive by 2 hour, treat by 3 hour: Percent of acute ischemic stroke patients who arrive at the hospital within 120 minutes (2 hours) of time last known well and for whom IV t-PA was initiated at this hospital within 180 minutes (3 hours) of time last known well.
- Early antithrombotics: Percent of patients with ischemic stroke or TIA who receive antithrombotic therapy by the end of hospital day two.
- VTE prophylaxis: Percent of patients with ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, or stroke not otherwise specified who receive VTE prophylaxis the day of or the day after hospital admission.
- Antithrombotics: Percent of patients with an ischemic stroke or TIA prescribed antithrombotic therapy at discharge.
- Anticoag for AFib/Aflutter: Percent of patients with an ischemic stroke or TIA with atrial fibrillation/flutter discharged on anticoagulation therapy
- Smoking cessation: Percent of patients with ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, or TIA with a history of smoking cigarettes, who are, or whose caregivers are, given smoking cessation advice or counseling during hospital stay.
- Statin Prescribed at Discharge: Percent of Ischemic stroke or TIA who are discharged on Statin Medication
This is a product of Multidisciplinary efforts aiming to provide a high quality of care to our stroke patients. Congratulations!!
We are very happy to announce that The Department of Internal Medicine Residency Program has just received a Full Accreditation from ACGME based on their last site visit in December 2021.
We are happy to announced that Lincoln Medical Center – Graduate Medical Education has received Full Accreditation without any citations based on the latest ACGME Site Visit which happened last December 10, 2021.
The ABIM board certification exam is a very important part of a doctor’s medical career. the exam is designed to evaluate knowledge, diagnostic reasoning and clinical judgement skills expected of the certified internist in the broad domain of the discipline.
The Department would like to congratulate all the graduates who have passed the exam this year!